Written by Jane Hansen Hoyt,
President of Aglow International.
(Please see information about Aglow at the end of the article.)
The ability to refer to and identity a subject is integral to our way of communicating with one another. You greet people, by giving your name. Names also have power. Your signature on any legal document carries an authority and, in essence, states that you are knowledgeable of, and responsible for that which you are signing your name to.
A NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
There is a name that is far greater than any name in history. It is the name that is above all names. There are not enough nouns and adjectives in any language of the world to describe the majestic, all powerful name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
God has highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name; That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil. 2:9It is the name that rules all heaven, earth and under the earth. His name rules in this world and in the world to come. His name identifies Him. His name has power and there is authority in His name.
- In Genesis, He is the Seed of the woman.
- In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb.
- In Leviticus, He is the Eternal High Priest.
- In Numbers, He is the Cloud by day and Pillar of Fire by Night.
- In Deuteronomy, He is the Prophet Like Unto Moses.
- In Joshua, He is the Captain of our Salvation.
- In Judges, He is the Lawgiver.
- In Ruth, He is the Kinsman Redeemer.
- In I and II Samuel, He is the Incomparable Prophet.
- In I and II Kings, He is the Mighty King.
- In I and II Chronicles, He is the Great Monarch.
- In Ezra, He is the Faithful Scribe.
- In Hezekiah, He is the Great Edifier.
- In Esther, He is our Escape from Death.
- In Job, He is our Hope and Resurrection.
- In Psalms, He is our Great Shepherd.
- In Proverbs, He is the Eternal Wisdom.
- In Ecclesiastes, He is the Eternal Life.
- In Song of Solomon, He is the Lover of our Souls.
- In Isaiah, He is the Prince of Peace.
- In Jeremiah, He is the Righteous Branch.
- In Lamentations, He is the Prophet Who Weeps for Us.
- In Ezekiel, He is the God of Four Faces.
- In Daniel, He is the Fourth Man in the Fiery Furnace.
- In Hosea, He is the Faithful Husband.
- In Joel, He is the Baptizer in the Holy Ghost.
- In Amos, He is the Burden bearer.
- In Obadiah, He is the Mighty to Save.
- In Jonah, He is the Great Missionary.
- In Micah, He is the Messenger with Beautiful Feet.
- In Nahum, He is the Avenger of God’s Elect.
- In Habakkuk, He is the Stirring Evangelist.
- In Zephaniah, He is the Burning bush.
- In Haggai, He is the Restorer of God’s inheritance.
- In Malachi, He is the Son of Righteousness.
- In Matthew, He is the Messiah.
- In Mark, He is the Miracle Worker.
- In Luke, He is the Son of Man.
- In John, He is the Son of God.
- In Romans, He is the Justifier.
- In I and II Corinthians, He is the Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit.
- In Galatians, He is the Redeemer from the Curse of the Law.
- In Ephesians, He is the Christ of Eternal Riches.
- In Philippians, He is the Supplier of Every Need.
- In Colossians, He is the Fullness of the Godhead.
- In I and II Thessalonians, He is the Soon Coming Kind.
- In I and II Timothy, He is the Mediator Between God and Man.
- In Titus, He is the Faithful Pastor.
- In Philemon, He is the Friend Closer than a Brother.
- In Hebrews, He is the Blood of Covenant.
- In James, He is the Mighty Physician.
- In I and II Peter, He is the Great Shepherd.
- In I and II and III John, He is the Everlasting Love.
- In Jude, He is the Lord Coming Back with 10,000 of His Saints.
- In Revelation, He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
* Taken from a message by Dr. Bernhard Johnson, an Assemblies of God missionary to Brazil; preached at Yoido Full Gospel Church in 1983.
About AglowAglow began in 1967 with four women who expressed a desire to meet together as Christians without denominational boundaries. Today Aglow spans the globe with almost 4000 groups in 170 nations meeting regularly. The vision and mission is to carry the truth of the Kingdom, and to see God's will done on earth as it is in heaven. Please visit the website below for more information, and to locate an Aglow Lighthouse near you.