Heb 12:2 - Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
We often quote this Scripture, but do we really understand what it means to call Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith?
AUTHORIn the natural, every author who writes a good script includes the following elements:
- The main characters and supporting characters
- The setting(s) where the story unfolds
- Conflicts that arise
- How each conflict is resolved
- Lessons learned by the characters and how these lessons help to mold each of their lives
- An author is one who originates, composes, or creates a thing
As Author Jesus also takes the lead, setting the example with His own life of what a life of faith should be.
|Follow in Jesus' Footsteps|
As the Finisher of our faith, Jesus is our example of the highest level of faith.
He shows us how faith is raised to its perfection.
In your personal walk of faith, Jesus is there at the beginning as your Author, and He is there at the end as your Finisher.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil,
to give you an expected end.