THE HOLY OF HOLIES
God often works in three’s, and your journey of intimacy through Moses’ Tabernacle reflects this.
You enter through three portals
- The Gate to the Tabernacle shows that Jesus is the only Way to the Father
- The Door to the Holy Place leads you into the Truth of who Jesus is and who you are in Him
- The Veil that once separated the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies is now open for you to have true divine Life in Christ.
- In the outer court you present your body as a living sacrifice
- In the Holy Place your soul communes with Christ, and you learn of Him and grow in intimacy with Him.
- In the Holy of Holies it is no longer you who live, but your spirit is alive in Christ.
- In the outer court there was the light of the sun – signifying the emphasis on things that are natural
- In the Holy Place there is the light from the Lampstand – here your inner light is ignited by Jesus who is the Light of the world
- In the Holy of Holies the only light is the glory of the Father Himself
- Death to self – outer court
- Burial in Christ. Your life, your thoughts exchanged for His – Holy Place
- Resurrection to new life in Christ– Holy of Holies
THE ARK OF THE COVENANTThe Ark was the only piece of furniture in the Holy of Holies of the Tabernacle. It was made of that now familiar acacia wood and overlaid with gold – signifying humanity overshadowed with Divinity.
Today many search for the Ark of old, not realizing that we are now the spiritual Ark of the Lord, carrying His presence and power in us as we rest, remain and abide in that secret place in Him.
Inside the Ark of old were three items. Each is symbolic of your life of intimacy with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and each shows an attribute of Jesus the Christ.
1. The Ten Commandments. The law is now written on your heart.
- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death – Romans 8:22. The Pot of Manna. God is your ever present Source and Supply
- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us – John 1:14a
- “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you – Matthew 6:31, 333. Aaron’s rod that budded. In a place of intimacy with Him the Father can resurrect the dead areas of your life.
- Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world – John 6:32
- Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life – Romans 6:4
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” – John 11:25
The Mercy Seat formed the cover of the Ark. Two cherubim of gold stood on each end, wings outstretched and touching and faces looking down toward the Mercy Seat.
It was there that God manifested Himself to Moses.
- And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony – Exodus 25:22
When the high priest came into the Holy of Holies he would cover the Mercy Seat with a cloud of incense. Incense, as we discussed earlier, represents your prayer and praise. So when you come into that secret place in the Lord, when you offer praise and worship to Him in spirit and in truth, He manifests Himself!
What a glorious picture of intimacy Moses’ Tabernacle is!
I pray that you will go deeper and higher as you continue on this exciting journey,
and that you will be determined to remain one with
The Father, Jesus the Son and The Precious Holy Spirit.