As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
Before you can abide fully in the love of Jesus Christ you first have to understand
- how the Father loves Jesus and
- how Jesus, in like manner, loves you.
THE FATHER LOVES THE SONThe Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are inseparable. They are One. The Father is a God of love. Everything that He is, the Son and the Holy Spirit are also. What a perfect picture of love flowing freely from the Father to the Son and to the Holy Spirit; from the Son to the Father and to the Holy Spirit and from the Holy Spirit to the Father and to the Son! It is a flawless, complete love that never wanes in its intensity – a love that existed before time began and will continue for all eternity!
- Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. John 17:24
THE SON LOVES YOUJesus loved you before the foundation of the world! Imagine that! Before anything existed – the trees, the animals, the stars and all of the rest of creation – Jesus knew you intimately and chose to love you with the same perfect love that the Father has for Him.
- Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. Psalm 139:16
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, Ephesians 1:3-5
- For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Romans 8:29
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35, 38, 39
Abide in His love!