As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
Before you can abide fully in the love of Jesus Christ you first have to understand
- how the Father loves Jesus, and
- how Jesus, in like manner, loves you.
THE FATHER LOVES THE SON
One way that the Father showed His love for Jesus was by publicly affirming Him…
Crowds of people had come from Jerusalem, Judea and surrounding areas, and were being baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan River. Pharisees and Sadducees were there at the riverside also. Here comes Jesus, and John baptizes Him in the presence of all those witnesses. Suddenly the Holy Spirit descends on Him bodily like a dove, and they all hear the Father’s voice declare, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:17
On another occasion when Jesus was with Peter, James and John and was transfigured on the mountain, the Father affirmed His Son, saying to the disciples, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” Luke 9:35
No one who heard these awesome words coming from on high could possibly deny the love that the Father had for His Son! Like Father, Like Son...
THE SON'S LOVE FOR YOU
In the same manner, Jesus shows His love for you openly and publicly. He doesn’t keep it a secret.
- He took the blame for every single thing you have ever done, are doing or will ever do, just so that you could experience the intimate relationship with the Father that He enjoys. Jesus' love superceded His own human desires, and His public crucifixion was the ultimate demonstration of His unreserved love for you.
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Luke 22:42
- Jesus also causes people to witness the blessings He bestows on you. Scripture proves this.
- ‘But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Therefore He says: “ When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.”’ Ephesians 4:7,8
- “But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.” Matthew 6:3,4
- “But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” Matthew 6:6
- “But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” Matthew 6:17,18
- “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Matthew 5:11-13
- “But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.” Luke 6:35
- ‘And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.’ Colossians 3: 23,24
What an awesome, conspicuous, public love Jesus Christ has for you!!
Abide in His love!