As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
Before you can abide fully in the love of Jesus Christ you first have to understand
- how the Father loves Jesus and
- how Jesus, in like manner, loves you.
THE FATHER LOVES THE SONPerfect, intimate love is a love that shares everything. This is the kind of love that is demonstrated between the Father and His Son, Jesus the Christ. Everything that the Father is, and everything that the Father has, is also the Son's. The Father, in His love, gave all things to His Son with nothing lacking.
In the beginning of time God had said, "Let Us make man in Our own image, and let them have dominion over....all the earth" Genesis 1:26. The first Adam had all things on earth, just as the Father had all things in heaven. The only exception was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. When Adam disobeyed God's command, the consequences were loss of intimate communion with the Father, and dispossession of all things that the Father had so freely given to him. However, Jesus, the Last Adam, came to earth and regained for us all that was destroyed and lost when the first Adam sinned.
- The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. John 3:35
- The Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does... John 5: 20a
- All things have been delivered to Me by My Father… Matthew 11:27a
- And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church…Ephesians 1:22
THE SON LOVES YOU1. Everything that is in a vine flows freely into its abiding branch so that the branch has the same DNA – and therefore the same attributes – as the vine. The vine gives the branch everything that it needs to sustain its life. In the same way Jesus, the True Vine, gives you all things when you abide in Him…
- He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32
- If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. John 15:7
- Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:25, 33
- Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue… 2 Peter 1:2-3
- But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:26
- When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. John 16:13
- All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He (the Holy Spirit) will take of Mine and declare it to you. John 16:15
Pause for a few moments and take inventory of your life. Are there areas in which you are not experiencing the "all things" that Jesus promises? Could it be that you have not yet fully accepted the love of Jesus in those areas? For example, is there dis-ease that has been plaguing your body for some time? Are there ongoing problems with interpersonal relationships? Are you experiencing continued lack in a particular area?
If a branch is not completely embedded in its vine source it won't receive all things. Similarly, if there is a crimp or a disconnect in your soul caused by fear, unbelief, indifference or disobedience, then you will not receive all things that Jesus wants to give you out of His overwhelming love! There can be nothing blocking the flow of the Lord's love to you - a love which comes in myriads of ways....healing, protection, reconciliation, provision....the list goes on and on.
Receive all things the Lord desires to give you. Abide in His love!